By Romney Steele, author of Plum Gorgeous.
This recipe goes with Chocolate Apricot Wreath
Yield: Makes 1 cup
More From Sunset
- 1/2 cup Muscat wine (Moscato)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1- by 4-in. strip lemon zest
- 1 cup dried apricots (preferably California)
- 1. Put wine, 1/2 cup water, sugar, honey, and cardamom pods in a small saucepan. With a small knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to pan with pod and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over high heat, add apricots, reduce heat, and simmer until apricots just begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool in syrup.
- 2. Strain apricots before using, discarding cardamom pods, vanilla pod, and zest; save syrup for cake icing and to drizzle over ice cream or yogurt.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled in syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch