From Colleen at Manatawny Creek
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard seed
- 6 Tbs mustard seed (can use yellow, brown, black, or whole grain)
- 1/2 c Riesling (can use beer for a different flavor)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry mustard powder, combined with 1/2 c water (set 20 min)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp mace
- In glass bowl, combine mustard seed with wine and vinegar. Let sit about 48 hours. Check to be sure seeds are covered by liquid. Add more if needed. Transfer seeds and liquid to food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process until seeds become creamy, 4-6 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for a week before using so flavors develop. Mustard will keep for a month.
- Notes: can add herbs, molasses, etc and be creative with spices.
- To sterilize glass bottles: if new: place in 250 degree oven x 20 minutes.
- If recycled, boil, then fill jars when hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tamilev and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wine Mustard Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads