Wine Jelly Mold
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups sherry
- 1 1/4 cups port wine
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 pear, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- Custard Sauce
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup water. Combine remaining water and sugar in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove mixture from heat; add softened gelatin, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Stir in lemon juice, sherry, and wine, mixing well.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a lightly greased 4-cup mold, and refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold jelly onto a serving plate; arrange fruit around jelly. Slice and serve with Custard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts