This really was OUTSTANDING! I used the white wine, white wine vinegar, and italian seasoning blend instead of the recommended herbs (it's basically the same blend anyway). I used the indirect grilling method on a bone-in quartered chicken after marinating all day, and everyone loved it.
Wine and Herb Marinade
Notes: If marinating fish, poultry, or pork, use white wine and white wine vinegar; for beef or lamb, use red. The recipe can be multiplied for larger batches; cover and chill up to 1 week.
This recipe goes with Grilled Marinated Meat
- 1/3 cup dry white or red wine (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small container, mix wine, vinegar, shallots, olive oil, sugar, garlic, mustard, oregano, basil, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note