- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine*
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Sprinkle salt and ground nutmeg over chicken.
Melt butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook, turning frequently, 10 minutes or until golden.
Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
Whisk together broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve drumsticks over rice; spoon glaze over chicken. Garnish, if desired.
*Sparkling white grape juice may be substituted for white wine.