Wine and Cheese Plate with Honeyed Walnuts and Fruit
One key to enjoying cheese for dessert is to include a touch of sweetness as accompaniments. Honey, fresh or dried fruit, and gently spiced chutneys provide variety of flavor and a beautiful presentation. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2918.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4-pound piece(s) Seaside Cheddar or Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- 1 (1/4-pound) wedge Roquefort, Stilton or Rogue Anniversary Blue
- 1 (1/4-pound) wedge HervÃ© Mons Camembert
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 apple or pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) golden or regular raisins
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) fruit chutney (such as mango or fig)
- 1 small bunch(es) red or green grapes
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle(s) Bordeaux red wine
- Arrange the three cheeses on a large cutting board or platter and set aside for 1 hour to let warm to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, pile walnuts on the cutting board alongside the cheeses, drizzle all over with honey and sprinkle lightly with salt. In a small bowl, toss apple or pear with raisins and lemon juice. Transfer chutney to a second small bowl, and then arrange both bowls alongside the cheeses.
- Just before serving, arrange grapes and baguette slices on the board with the cheeses and bowls, pour the wine and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note