Wilted Spinach with Lemon and Pine Nuts
Community Recipe from
- 1 large bunch spinach, about 12 cups leaves
- 1 strip(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sort through spinach, discarding stems and bruised or yellow leaves. Wash spinach in plenty of cold water; if it’s sandy, wash a second time, then spin dry. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and lemon juice and sauté for 1 minute. Turn the heat to high and add the spinach, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few pinches of pepper. Wilt the spinach, tossing with tongs to coat the leaves with the hot oil and garlic. (The water left on the leaves after washing will help it to wilt quickly.) Toss in the pine nuts and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cwarren51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wilted Spinach with Lemon and Pine Nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes