- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) package mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups canned reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 (5 oz.) bags baby spinach
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 ounces provolone, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper
- calories 408
- fat 15 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- sodium 281 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain; set aside.
Toast pine nuts in a large skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and let cool.
In same skillet, melt butter. Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add broth; bring to a boil. Add spinach; stir until wilted. Add spaghetti and toss. Add tomato and provolone; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Top with pine nuts, if desired.