Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 large eggs
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch table salt
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped medium
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]
- Place eggs in medium saucepan, cover with 1 inch of water, and bring to boil over high heat. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill medium bowl with 1 quart ice water. Transfer eggs to ice water with slotted spoon; let stand 5 minutes, then peel eggs, quarter them lengthwise, and set aside.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Stir vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt together in small bowl until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Fry bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate. Pour bacon fat into heatproof bowl, then return 3 tablespoons bacon fat to skillet. Add onion to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes; stir in garlic until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add vinegar mixture, then remove skillet from heat; working quickly, scrape bottom of skillet with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach, add bacon, and toss gently with tongs until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Divide among individual plates, arrange egg quarters over each, and serve.
- Chef's Note: When adding the vinegar mixture to the skillet, step back from the stovetop--the aroma is quite potent.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads