Wilted Spinach Salad with Pears and Cranberries - BHG
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 12 cup(s) packaged fresh baby spinach 12 oz
- 3/4 cup(s) thinly sliced red onion
- black pepper
- 4 slice(s) bacon
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- addtional dried cranberries
- 1. Place pears in a bowl; drizzle with lemon juice. Fill bowl with enough water to cover pears. Place a small plate over pears to submerge them; set aside. In a large bowl combine spinach and red onion. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper; set aside.
- 2. For dressing, in a dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon,reserving 1/4 cup drippings in dutch oven. Add veg. oil to equal 1/4 cup if necessary.
- 3. Crumble bacon.
- 4. Stir the 1/2 cup cranberries, vinegar, sugar and mustard into drippings. Bring to bubbling boil; remove from heat. Add spinach mixture. Toss for 30-60 seconds in dutch oven until spinach is just wilted.
- 5. Transfer to a large bowl or platter. Add crumbled bacon. Drain pears and arrange on top of spinach mixture. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and additional cranberries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wilted Spinach Salad with Pears and Cranberries - BHG Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads