- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 oz. each, pounded 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 cups baby spinach (about 5 oz.)
- 1 11-oz. can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- calories 401
- fat 23 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 84 mg
- sodium 403 mg
How to Make It
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two chicken breast halves; cook until no longer pink in center, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate; cover with foil. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
Pour out all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add vinegar, raise heat to high and boil until reduced, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add spinach and mandarin oranges. Sauté until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice chicken. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates. Serve with chicken and top with peanuts.