1. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar in small bowl.
2. Holding a knife horizontal to cutting board, slice scallops horizontally in half. Place in bowl, add rice wine and ginger and toss lightly. Let sit briefly.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1.5 tblsp of oil and heat until very hot but not smoking. Drain scallops and add to pan. Fry over high heat for about 3 min on each side, until scallops are golden and cooked through. Remove with a large slotted spoon.
4. Place spinach in a salad bowl or deep serving bowl. Arrange cooked scallops evenly over spinach.
5. Wipe out skillet. Add the remaining 1 tblsp of oil and heat until hot. Add red peppers and stir-fry lightly over high heat, about 30 secs to 1 minute. Add dressing from step 1 to skillet and continue stir frying peppers until mixture is just under a boil. Pour hot dressing over spinach and scallops, then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of