Wilted Spinach and Scallop Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Large sea scallops Rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) Rice wine or sake
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger Mincecd
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 pound(s) Baby spinach rinsed, drained
- 2 Roasted red peppers diced into 1/4 in pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) Seasame seeds toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar in small bowl.
- 2. Holding a knife horizontal to cutting board, slice scallops horizontally in half. Place in bowl, add rice wine and ginger and toss lightly. Let sit briefly.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1.5 tblsp of oil and heat until very hot but not smoking. Drain scallops and add to pan. Fry over high heat for about 3 min on each side, until scallops are golden and cooked through. Remove with a large slotted spoon.
- 4. Place spinach in a salad bowl or deep serving bowl. Arrange cooked scallops evenly over spinach.
- 5. Wipe out skillet. Add the remaining 1 tblsp of oil and heat until hot. Add red peppers and stir-fry lightly over high heat, about 30 secs to 1 minute. Add dressing from step 1 to skillet and continue stir frying peppers until mixture is just under a boil. Pour hot dressing over spinach and scallops, then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DeborahBonk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes