Wilted Spinach and Scallop Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Large sea scallops Rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) Rice wine or sake
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger Mincecd
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 pound(s) Baby spinach rinsed, drained
- 2 Roasted red peppers diced into 1/4 in pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) Seasame seeds toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar in small bowl.
- 2. Holding a knife horizontal to cutting board, slice scallops horizontally in half. Place in bowl, add rice wine and ginger and toss lightly. Let sit briefly.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1.5 tblsp of oil and heat until very hot but not smoking. Drain scallops and add to pan. Fry over high heat for about 3 min on each side, until scallops are golden and cooked through. Remove with a large slotted spoon.
- 4. Place spinach in a salad bowl or deep serving bowl. Arrange cooked scallops evenly over spinach.
- 5. Wipe out skillet. Add the remaining 1 tblsp of oil and heat until hot. Add red peppers and stir-fry lightly over high heat, about 30 secs to 1 minute. Add dressing from step 1 to skillet and continue stir frying peppers until mixture is just under a boil. Pour hot dressing over spinach and scallops, then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DeborahBonk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note