Wilted Greens and Red Beans
More From Southern Living
- 2 (1-pound) packages fresh turnip greens
- 1/4 cup diced country ham
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated or brown sugar
- Pepper sauce (optional)
- Remove and discard stems from greens. Tear into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Sauté ham in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 2 minutes or until browned. Add greens, beans, and vinegar; cook, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes or until greens are tender. Sprinkle with sugar. Serve with pepper sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note