- 2 (1-pound) packages fresh turnip greens
- 1/4 cup diced country ham
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated or brown sugar
- Pepper sauce (optional)
How to Make It
Remove and discard stems from greens. Tear into 1/2-inch pieces.
Sauté ham in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 2 minutes or until browned. Add greens, beans, and vinegar; cook, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes or until greens are tender. Sprinkle with sugar. Serve with pepper sauce, if desired.