Wilted Frisée with Pancetta and Chestnuts
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Emma Star Jensen
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 537mg
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- 1 slice pancetta (about 1/2 in. thick; 6 oz. total), cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) vacuum-packed chestnuts*, halved
- 2 to 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 4 heads (about 2 lbs. total) frisée, ends trimmed and leaves torn into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Cook pancetta in water 45 seconds, then drain.
- 2. Heat oil in a large, wide pot over medium heat. Add pancetta and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Add chestnuts and cook until they start to brown, about 3 minutes more.
- 3. Add vinegar, frisée, and salt, stirring to coat with oil. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a serving bowl.
- *Find at well-stocked grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads