- 1 slice pancetta (about 1/2 in. thick; 6 oz. total), cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) vacuum-packed chestnuts*, halved
- 2 to 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 4 heads (about 2 lbs. total) frisée, ends trimmed and leaves torn into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- calories 212
- caloriesfromfat 59 %
- protein 5.8 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 537 mg
- cholesterol 19 mg
How to Make It
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Cook pancetta in water 45 seconds, then drain.
Heat oil in a large, wide pot over medium heat. Add pancetta and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Add chestnuts and cook until they start to brown, about 3 minutes more.
Add vinegar, frisée, and salt, stirring to coat with oil. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a serving bowl.
*Find at well-stocked grocery stores.