Wilted Arugula Salad with Asparagus, bacon, almonds and sherry vinaigrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 oz. (8 strips) bacon, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed of tough, woody stems, and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 3 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz. baby arugula
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Cook the asparagus in the skillet with the bacon fat, stirring often, until crisp-tender and browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 tsp. salt and, using a slotted spoon, transfer to the plate with the bacon. Add the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a scant 1/4 tsp. pepper to the fat in the skillet and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, bacon, arugula, and almonds and toss with just enough warm vinaigrette to wilt the arugula. Serve immediately.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 210; Fat (g): 15; Fat Calories (kcal): 140; Saturated Fat (g): 3; Protein (g): 12; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 8; Carbohydrates (g): 9; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 2.5; Sodium (mg): 550; Cholesterol (mg): 20; Fiber (g): 4;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 116 , pp. 75
- March 1, 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wilted Arugula Salad with Asparagus, bacon, almonds and sherry vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads