Willie's Favorite Fried Chicken
Community Recipe from
- chicken breasts
- Willie's Favorite Fried Chicken
- Pin It
- Makes about 4 servings * Large deep cast-iron skillet with a lid * Deep-fry thermometer (if you fry a lot, you won't need this; you'll just know).
- 1 tablespoon Duck Commander Cajun Seasoning (mild or zesty)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds), cut up, or purchase just the parts your family eats
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cooking oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cajun seasoning, pepper, salt, chili powder, and Old Bay. Roll the chicken pieces in the seasoning mixture. If you need more seasoning, mix more.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Mix the buttermilk and Tabasco. Add the chicken pieces and make sure they are all coated.
- Fill the skillet about 1/2 full with oil. Turn on to medium-to-high heat.
- One at a time, take the chicken pieces out of the bowl and roll them in the flour. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot (350°F), carefully add the chicken pieces. Brown them on all sides.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes more, turning as necessary, until cooked through. The chicken should turn a golden brown. Use a fork to test. (The juices should be clear.)
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
- A Note from Miss Kay
- I know it's easier to pick up chicken on the way home, but it's never as good as homemade fried chicken, or at least that's what Willie says. He loves homemade fried chicken, and really, if you're in the kitchen anyway, it's not that hard!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Willie's Favorite Fried Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes