Willard's Red Velvet Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 2 ounce(s) Red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon(s) white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 pound(s) Butter (1 1/3 sticks) Very soft
- 10 ounce(s) cream cheese Very soft
- 1 pound(s) Confectioners sugar
- 2 cup(s) Pecans Chopped
- 1 bag(s) Pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350. Mix together all dry ingredients. Add all wet ingredients and beat with mixer until smooth. Pour batter equally into 3 9 inch prepared cake pans. Bake 20 min. Allow to completely cool.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add pecan pieces. If icing is too soft and difficult to use, place in refrigerator for 20 min to firm it up.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobinTrunnell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Willard's Red Velvet Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes