I purchased the Archer Farms precooked wild rice for this recipe and after preparing it and tasting it, I tossed it in the trash. I love wild rice, but did not care for that wild rice at all. I then purchased my usual brand of wild rice and made this dish as directed. I liked the combination of tomato, butter, pine nuts and basil with the rice. I would make this again for a simple side dish. I'll never use precooked wild rice, though.
Wild Rice with Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
If you can't find precooked wild rice, substitute boil-in-bag or precooked brown rice.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Sodium: 152mg
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package precooked wild rice (such as Archer Farms)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and quartered cherry tomatoes to pan; cook 8 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, basil, pepper, and salt; cook 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note