Wild Rice-Sweet Potato Salad with Pears
This innovative match-up of unexpected ingredients is even more terrific served with ham or pork.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/3 cups peeled Bartlett pear, cored and diced (about 2 pears)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare the salad, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add wild rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender. Set aside.
- Cook diced sweet potato in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- Combine pear and lemon juice in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Add the cooked wild rice, sweet potato, bell pepper, green onions, sesame seeds, and salt; toss well.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients; stir well with a whisk. Pour over rice mixture, tossing to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice-Sweet Potato Salad with Pears Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads