Wild Rice Stuffing
Dates and crunchy almonds make this stuffing recipe special!
Yield: serves 10 to 12
- 1 1/3 cup wild rice uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. pitted dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine, butter, onion, carrots and pepper in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté until onion is transparent; remove from heat.
- Blend in remaining ingredients; stir in rice. Spoon stuffing into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Bake, covered, at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Casseroles