Wild Rice Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion minced
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup(s) carrtos finely grated
- 1/3 cup(s) ham minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) almonds slivered and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry sherry (optional)
- snipped parsley or chives
- In large saucepan, melt margarine; saute onion until tender. Blend in flour; gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in rice, carrots, ham, almonds and salt; simmer about 5 minutes. Blend in half and half and sherry; heat to serving temperature. Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.
- Tip: One-half cup uncooked wild rice=1 1/2 to 2 cups, cooked.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kellymarek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews