This is my Second favorite soup. Second only to green bean soup.
Wild Rice Soup
- 1/3 cup(s) Uncooked Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup(s) Uncooked White Rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 carrots
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) Light Cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1 celery Stalk Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Rosemary Dried
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- In medium sauce pan, combine rice, oil, water, and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and then simmer for 30 min.
- In large kettle, cook onion, celery,and carrots in the butter until tender. Blend in flour to kettle and stir for 2 min.
- Add broth and undrained rice to kettle. Bring to a boil. Stir until slightly thickened. Crush Rosmary with fork until powder. Stir in cream, rosemary, and salt. (Do not add more than 1 t. salt. )
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for another 20 min or until rice is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews