- 1 medium chopped leek (1 cup)
- 1/2 chopped fennel bulb (1 cup)
- 1 chopped carrot (2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried, rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried, thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound coarsely chopped kale
- Cooking spray
- calories 159
- fat 3 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 7 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 114 mg
- calcium 48 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place first 5 ingredients (through thyme) in a food processor and process until minced.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the leek mixture; cook over medium heat, covered, 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook, covered, 5 more minutes. Add the wild rice; cook 2 minutes. Add the broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-low heat, covered, 40 minutes or until the wild rice is just tender and has absorbed most of the liquid, stirring occasionally. Add kale to rice, stirring to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, and cover with foil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through.