Wild Rice Salad with Dried Fruit and Orange-Sherry Vinaigrette
Charles E. Walton IV
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (3 oranges)
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 large shallot, minced (1/3 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package wild rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan; bake, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- 2. Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and raisins; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. Whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; gradually whisk in olive oil. Stir in orange zest, shallot, celery, parsley, fruits with their soaking liquid, and prepared rice; stir to combine. Stir in toasted pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice Salad with Dried Fruit and Orange-Sherry Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This