- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (3 oranges)
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 large shallot, minced (1/3 cup)
- 1 celery rib, diced (1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package wild rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan; bake, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add apricots and raisins; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
Whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; gradually whisk in olive oil. Stir in orange zest, shallot, celery, parsley, fruits with their soaking liquid, and prepared rice; stir to combine. Stir in toasted pecans just before serving.