Wild Rice Salad with Cashews
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) wild rice uncooked
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup(s) red pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) cashews coarsely chopped
- 2 piece(s) green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) seasoned rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- pinch(s) black pepper
- In a strainer, rinse the wild rice under cold water, drain well.
- Into a 3 qt saucepan, put the wild rice and chicken broth; bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Set aside Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, add the bell peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the cashews and green onions, cook for 2-3 minutes longer, or until the nuts begin to brown.
- Remove from heat In a large bowl, toss together the wild rice and bell pepper mixture.
- For the dressing; In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, olive and sesame oils, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake until blended; pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate salad for at lease 2 hours or up to overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve the salad, spoon it onto a lettuce lined platter.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/wild-rice-cashew-salad-24876?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note