Wild Rice Salad with Cashews
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) wild rice uncooked
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup(s) red pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) cashews coarsely chopped
- 2 piece(s) green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) seasoned rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- pinch(s) black pepper
- In a strainer, rinse the wild rice under cold water, drain well.
- Into a 3 qt saucepan, put the wild rice and chicken broth; bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Set aside Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, add the bell peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the cashews and green onions, cook for 2-3 minutes longer, or until the nuts begin to brown.
- Remove from heat In a large bowl, toss together the wild rice and bell pepper mixture.
- For the dressing; In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, olive and sesame oils, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake until blended; pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate salad for at lease 2 hours or up to overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve the salad, spoon it onto a lettuce lined platter.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/wild-rice-cashew-salad-24876?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes