- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cups royal blend wild rice mix (such as Rice Select)
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (5-ounce) package dried sweet cherries, chopped
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot; sauté 4 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Stir in rice and almonds; sauté 3 minutes. Add stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and cherries.