I use this recipe when I have leftover wild rice. Instead of the dried cherries, I use dried cranberries because I always have them. I don't like pecans so use toasted cashew pieces instead. I don't use a dressing, but suspect that if you find it a little dry a little bit of olive oil would solve that problem. All and all, a good basic recipe.
Wild Rice Salad
Photo: John Autry and Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 153mg
- 1 cup fast-cooking white and wild rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cook rice per directions, omitting seasoning. Stir in green onions, dried cherries, and chopped pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads