- 1 (6-ounce) package quick-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar*
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2.25-ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions; cool.
Stir together chicken, next 8 ingredients, and rice in a large bowl. Cover and chill 8 hours. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
*Red wine vinegar may be substituted for white balsamic vinegar.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Quick Cooking Long-Grain and Wild Rice Mix.