WILD-RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice, and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, and bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and starting to burst, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. While rice cooks, preheat oven to 400. Arrange pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until browned and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop pecans.
- 3. Add toasted pecans, cranberries, raisins, and parsley to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kgreene4128 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
WILD-RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables