Wild Rice Pilaf With Baby Carrots
Photo: Will Dickey
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice, uncooked
- 2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1. Cut off pointed ends of bulbs. Place each bulb on a separate piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with oil. Fold to seal.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves.
- 3. Stir together garlic pulp, wild and long-grain rice, and next 4 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch dish; add baby carrots, and top with butter.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 375° for 50 to 60 minutes or until rice and carrots are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables