- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice, uncooked
- 2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
How to Make It
Cut off pointed ends of bulbs. Place each bulb on a separate piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with oil. Fold to seal.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves.
Stir together garlic pulp, wild and long-grain rice, and next 4 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch dish; add baby carrots, and top with butter.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 50 to 60 minutes or until rice and carrots are tender and liquid is absorbed.