Wild Rice Pilaf
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (5.5-oz.) package dried cherries, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a lightly greased 3-qt. slow cooker, stirring until rice is coated. Stir in chicken broth, onion, and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in cherries with a fork; turn off heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Stir into rice with a fork just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables