Wild Rice Pancakes
Prepare and refrigerate up to three days in advance, if desired. Serve leftover pancakes with chicken salad.
Yield: Makes 16 to 18 pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Garnish: green onion slivers
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; add milk and butter, whisking until blended. Stir in egg yolks until blended.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites, rice, and green onions into flour mixture.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch