Wild Rice-Fennel Pilaf
This recipe goes with Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary Sauce and Wild Rice-Fennel Pilaf
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 fennel bulb (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Trim and discard root end of fennel bulb. Trim stalks from bulb, reserving fronds for another use. Cut bulb into fourths, and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon hot oil 3 minutes or until tender; stir in garlic and rice. Stir in wine and 2 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Sauté fennel in remaining 1/2 tablespoon hot oil 1 minute. Add remaining 1/2 cup water, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper; simmer 8 minutes or until fennel is tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir into rice mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Rice-Fennel Pilaf Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables