Very nice. Used both cranberries and apricots.. makes a nice presentation. Definite possibility for guests.
Wild Rice Dressing
Photo: Sang An
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 1/4 brown rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots or cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F.
In a pot, over medium-high heat, bring the broth and 2 cups water to a boil. Add the wild rice and brown rice, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cooked rice, parsley, sage, pecans, apricots or cranberries, salt, and pepper and toss. Transfer to a buttered casserole. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
In Advance: Assemble the dressing but do not bake it. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake as directed, adding 10 minutes to the baking time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables