- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whole roasted bottled chestnuts
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups halved lengthwise and thinly sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 213
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.6 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 44.4 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 182 mg
- calcium 31 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine rice, broth, 2 cups water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. (Do not drain.) Place rice in a large bowl; cover.
Arrange chestnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly; cut chestnuts into quarters.
Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and add to rice.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in herbs; remove from heat. Add to rice mixture. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chestnuts, and pepper.
Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.