I used this recipe along with the chicken-chile cobbler recipe with which it is paired. It is so good and provides something a bit different from normal crusts. I plan to try this as a top crust on my usual pot-pie recipes!
Wild Rice Crust Batter
This recipe goes with Chicken-Chile Cobbler With Smoked Sausage and Black-eyed Peas
Yield: Makes 1 (13- x 9-inch) crust
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Stir together rice and baking mix ina large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture, and stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Use immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments