Wild Rice with Bell Pepper and Fennel
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
If you can't find precooked wild rice, substitute boil-in-bag or precooked brown rice.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 156mg
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package precooked wild rice (such as Archer Farms)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and diced fennel bulb to pan; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, fresh oregano, freshly ground black pepper, and salt; cook 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This