Wild Rice-and-Roasted Vegetable Salad
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup bulghur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in wild rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup broth for Dressing.
- Soak bulghur in 1 cup boiling water 45 minutes; drain.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus and green onions into 1-inch pieces; cut bell peppers and carrots into thin strips.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil until coated; spread evenly into a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
- Toss together roasted vegetables, wild rice, bulghur, and Dressing. Serve warm or cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads