Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf with Cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long grain and wild rice blend
- 3/4 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1` pound(s) mixed mushrooms cremini,oyster, shitake sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh taragon chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Cook the rice blend according to the package directions. Fold in cranberries, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender 5-7 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until tender about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and tarragon.
- 3. Add the mushroom mixture to the rice and toss to combine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note