Goodness -- I just realized this recipe has never been reviewed and it has been a favorite of my family for years. This is delicious -- definitely a crowd pleaser. I agree that you must wait and stir in peanuts directly before serving.
Wild Rice-and-Cranberry Salad
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh broccoli flowerets, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour dressing
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool.
- Combine rice, cranberries, and next 4 ingredients; add dressing, and stir gently. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Stir in peanuts just before serving.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ocean Spray Craisins for sweetened dried cranberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This