Wild Rice-and-Chicken Bowl
Serve a one-dish chicken dinner for an easy family-friendly meal tonight. If you're pressed for time, buy quick-cooking wild rice or precooked brown rice in microwaveable pouches to equal 8 cups cooked rice.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Garnishes: apple slices, fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Cook wild rice according to package directions.
- Combine cooked rice, chicken, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice and next 5 ingredients. Drizzle over rice mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in mint and parsley. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Gourmet House Quick Cooking Wild Rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes