- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Garnishes: apple slices, fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- calories 298
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 152 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Cook wild rice according to package directions.
Combine cooked rice, chicken, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice and next 5 ingredients. Drizzle over rice mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in mint and parsley. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Gourmet House Quick Cooking Wild Rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.