- 1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (6-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Sauté mushrooms and liquid, onion, celery, green pepper, and almonds in butter in a large skillet 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in rice mixture. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.