This is just delicious. I usually double it in order to get 4 servings. It is so light, that it is suitable for a first course. It is not filling. Follow the advice of other people and use 1 T of quality sherry. This is a great way to get a big serving of healthy mushrooms.
Wild Mushroom Soup
Wild mushroom soup is a savory starter that can be made up to a day in advance. Any combination of mushrooms will work well in this recipe. Reheat over medium heat. Serve with thin toasted baguette slices lightly brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt as a nice dipper for the soup.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 69
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 485mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, shallots, and carrot; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon vegetable mixture into a medium bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add button mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add button mushrooms to vegetable mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shiitake mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shiitake mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Combine vegetable mixture and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in sherry and remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note