Wild Mushroom Risotto
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage, casing removed crumbled
- 1/2 pound(s) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 cup(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 bag(s) 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) shredded Italian cheese blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a large measuring cup, combine broth with 1 cup water. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add crumbled sausage and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute; add wine and cook 1 minute until liquid evaporates.
- 3. Add 1/2 cup of the broth-water mixture. Stir frequently and when broth is almost absorbed add another 1/2 cup. Continue adding broth-water mixture in 1/2-cup increments, stirring until rice is tender, about 28 minutes.
- 4. Stir in crushed tomatoes and black pepper. Gradually wilt in spinach.
- 5. Remove risotto from heat and stir in cheese. Spoon into a large warm bowl and serve immediately. Garnish with additional cheese, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebbieHaguewood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes